COVID-19: Our Response
Following a temporary closure of our building, we are now open and continuing our online sessions and delivering all our face-to-face youth provisions following social distance and safeguarding guidelines.
Our trustees and staff team have been working hard to find ways to continue supporting our young people and the wider community.
We have confirmed that the youth sector's Readiness Level will remain at 'Amber' in England at all three Alert Levels. As an essential service, youth sector activities have an exception to the rule of six and can continue with the current guidelines:
- COVID Secure venues required
- Max bubbles of 15 (+ youth workers and staff)
- Face covering required for age 11+
- Social Distancing required of 1 metre plus
We will continue to monitor and update members if any future local restrictions apply in London and review our Covid-19 risk assessment and working practices regularly.
We have undertaken a COVID-19 risk assessment for the organisation to identify how to maintain services and contact with young people whilst adhering to social distancing measures, keep young people, families, staff and volunteers safe and provide emergency support to the most vulnerable people we work with. We are doing the following:
- Following Government and Public Health England advice and rules to keep the young people, families and our staff and volunteers safe - especially the most vulnerable.
- Staying in touch with young people wherever possible to support them through this time.
- Looking at emergency funding opportunities to support the most vulnerable young people and families that we work with now and to ensure that YAA keeps its doors open in the long term.